April 12, 2010

MY BLOG POST ON COURT REPORTERS SITE: HOW DO YOU STUDY FOR THE RPR WKT?

Posted by Christine (Steno Nerd) on April 9, 2010 at 10:31 a.m. Hi, All. I'm going to take the RPR WKT in July. I was wondering... how did you study for the RPR WKT? What exactly did you study? How long on a daily/weekly basis did you study? Right now I'm going through the glossaries of my legal and medical books and brushing up on grammar, punctuation, etc. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance! :) ------------------------------ Comment by Janiece on April 9, 2010 at 1:50 p.m. Okay, This is going to sound totally corny but one of the things I did was I made flashcards. I bought recipe cards and wrote questions on one side and answers on the other. They are portable. You can throwt hem in your purse. Cramming doesn't work for me. I worked on it a little bit every day. Janiece ------------------------------ Comment by Glen Warner on April 9, 2010 at 2:35 p.m. Piggy-backing on Janiece's idea, go here: http://www.cheapandsleazy.net/digi_flash.html You might also want to watch this video on Morson's. Good luck on the RPR! I'm nowhere near ready for that ....! --gdw "For a Good (steno) Time ...." http://www.cheapandsleazy.net ------------------------------ Comment by Janet McHugh on April 10, 2010 at 5:49 a.m. Hi Christine, They have flash cards on eBay for $4.99. I don't know -- worth a try? http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Court-Reporter-Exam-Flashcards-500-Cards-on-CD_W0QQitemZ120513080265QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash= ------------------------------ Comment by Christine (Steno Nerd) on April 12, 2010 at 11:45 a.m. Janiece - I think you're right. I'll study a little at a time every day. Flash cards are a great idea! Instead of hard copy though, I want to be able to view them on my iTouch. Glen - Thanks for both links. Unfortunately, this particular video of Lady Steno regarding Morson's has an error. :( All her other videos are working, however, and I've since subscribed to her feed. Katiana is a great resource! :) Also, thanks for reminding me about the option of online flash cards! I checked out Flash Card Machine again but noticed that you have to pay for their software in order to have those same flash cards transferred to your iTouch. Even if I did pay for this software, they currently do not support iTouches (only iPods/Nanos). What I've done instead is created a free account on Freezing Blue where it's absolutely free to create your flash cards. You can then transfer those same flash cards to your iTouches/iPods/Nanos for free as well! No software necessary. There's no better price than free, right? :) Here's my first batch of flash cards (look for ID #13881, Author stenonerd): Legal Terms for Court Reporting 1 (Cerritos). I got these terms from Cecy of Cerritos College who so graciously sent us the Excel file - Legal_Terms.pdf. Thanks, Cecy! :) I'll be adding to my flash card stack on Freezing Blue in the coming days and studying on my iTouch and laptop like crazy! :) Janet - Thanks for the great find on eBay! Sounds like an unbeatable deal! :) But I'll pass this offer for now since I don't want to spend money (yes, I know it's only $4.99!). More importantly, I'm a very tactile person -- I tend to retain more information when I have to type out everything myself... so that's what I'll do! :) THANKS AGAIN, EVERYONE!!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!! :) ------------------------------ Comment by Christine (Steno Nerd) on April 12, 2010 at 11:50 a.m. Just checked out the video on YouTube again -- http://www.youtube.com/user/LadySteno#p/u/3/xXrFQkLMtzg It's working! Thanks, Glen! :)

No comments:

By: VintageVerses of Etsy.com