November 27, 2011

NEW GOALS

I hope you all had a very...


Ours was great.  We have SO MUCH to be thankful for! :D

We only had 2 days of school last week because of the Thanksgiving Holiday.  Honestly, I wasn't on my machine at all during the break, haha!  Hubby and I spent lots of quality time with the family as well as with each other, just relaxing and recharging.  Sometimes you just need that. :)

So going back to school tomorrow, I've decided I need a new routine in order to pass my 200 WPM 4-voice 10-minute test.  Here's what I will do:

  • Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes... for clarity and soundness of both mind and body
  • Practice at 225-240 WPM daily for at least 30 minutes... for speed
  • Practice finger drills for at least 15 minutes... for accuracy
  • Practice briefs for at least 15 minutes... for speed

To be honest, I was disappointed and saddened to find out that I couldn't take the February CSR Exam... but I am now all the more fired up to be ready to take and pass the CSR Exam in Summer 2012, AS WELL AS the RPR Exam!  I know it's an intimidating thought, especially for me who has been in the court reporting program MUCH LONGER than I care to admit.  So what am I going to do with that intimidating thought???  This: I REFUSE to allow ANY NEGATIVE TALK ENTER MY MIND!!!  I can... and WILL... with GOD'S help... accomplish ALL my court reporting goals that I set out to conquer in 2012!!!


I found 2 great motivational videos on YouTube that talks about goal setting and achieving those set goals.  I want to share them with you now and hope you too will be inspired to properly set yourself up for success!  Here they are:

The Secret of Goal Setting by Earl Nightingale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=_sJzcWc3Dwc

Success is the progressive realization toward a worthy ideal.


The opposite of success is conformity.


95% of people don't succeed because he conforms.


A person succeeds because he knows where he's going.


The key to success and the key to failure: We become what we think about.


Don't worry.  Worry brings fear, and fear is crippling.


Keep calm and cheerful.  


You'll get back what you put out.


As you believe, so shall it be done unto you.


&


Common Mistakes in Goal Setting by Ed Reiner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=qpmUYa1f_5Q


Fantasy - "C" - What I Want
Plan - "B" - What I Think I Can Do
Know - "A" - Present Results


Live in Level "C" to achieve your goals!  You must fantasize to realize your goals!


See It!
Believe It!
Do It!

1 comment:

court reporting services said...

Here I will leave the memories and thoughts of an inspiring stenographer.

By: VintageVerses of Etsy.com