September 16, 2009

WORD/PHRASE - STENO (1)

These are the words and phrases I'm learning in steno right now. I'm trying to practice these every day, so I can write them without hesitation on my machine. I've heard that we court reporting students should keep a briefs notebook and constantly update it, revise it, and learn from it! I've been keeping my homemade briefs notebook all year, and I'd like to share them with you here on this blog. Look out for them! I'll call the posts "WORD/PHRASE - STENO" and then put the number we're in. Today is the first installment, if you will, so today's post has a (1) next to the title. :) Please let me know if you write any of these below words differently in steno. Maybe my steno strokes suck and yours would be much better to adopt! Hehehe. So, please, do share! :) Thanks, Everyone! OK, gotta go to night classes now...

WORD/PHRASE

STENO

absolute

SLU

absolutely

SLUL

damage

DAJ

dangerous

DRUS

destination

SNAIGS

efficient

FIRBT

efficiently

FIRBTL

effort

EFRT

entity

SPW-T

helicopter

KOPT

indicate

KAIT

indicating

KAIGT

indication

KAIGS

interrupt

TRUP

interruption

TRUPGS

Kate

KAIT*

manufacture

M-FR

merchandise

M-DZ

misdemeanor

MOIDS

missed

MIDZ

no, your Honor

NURN

objection, your Honor

ORN

ordinarily

OERNL

ordinary

OERN

president

P-T

presidential

PLT

priority

PRORT

slew

SLAOU

thank you, your Honor

THAURN

urn

URN*

venue

SRAOUN

yes, your Honor

YEN

your Honor

URN

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are nice briefs. I'm teaching myself steno and came upon your website during a search. Thank you for these. I'll see if they'll work for me.:)

By: VintageVerses of Etsy.com