August 19, 2009

BEEN BUSY

Sorry I've been gone for a while! I've been busy!
WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING?
Well, most obviously, I've been working on the new layout of Steno Nerd! Do you like it? I did like the fresh blue theme, but it was just getting too busy for me. I kept adding widgets that were fun, interactive, informative... but probably NOT essential. I needed to start from scratch completely... so I found this theme! I know it's a little more on the girly side, but I don't care. I love the color scheme! :) Other things... I've been busy hanging out with family and friends! YAY!!! I'm actually using my Summer Break for... gulp, RELAXING!!! Hahaha! :D
HERE'S A QUICK RECAP OF THE PAST FEW DAYS:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 14
Last minute rain check on dinner with friends, so my boyfriend and I spent the night together. We watched "District 9" on recommendation from my co-worker. It was interesting. I'd recommend that others see this movie, but on a precautionary note -- that you don't easily get nauseous! I forgot my eyeglasses (I'm as blind as a bat without my extra pair of eyes! I'm getting LASIK as soon as I'm making the big bucks as a court reporter!), so my boyfriend and I had to sit up close. Toward the end of the movie, there were a lot of handheld shots (think fighting scenes!), so it had a similar effect as "The Blair Witch Project." My boyfriend got really sick at the end. Poor baby! :(
SATURDAY, AUGUST 15
I didn't work this day as I normally would (I worked instead on Wednesday to make up the time), so my boyfriend and I could go to my friend's baby boy's 2nd birthday party. It was fun to be surrounded with lots of friends and lots of kiddos. :) After the party, my boyfriend and I watched "The Time Traveler's Wife." It was sweet... but totally irrational. I cried! :P But only because I had my guard completely down thinking the worst of this movie, not expecting anything at all... and then it totally surprised me... sweetly! :) It's worth watching just to see how the story goes. Great cast! I love the poster! By the way, I totally love "(500) Days of Summer." Definitely watch that one! It's not rocky at all (like "District 9") and it's very real (unlike "The Time Traveler's Wife"). This movie reminds me of "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."
SUNDAY, AUGUST 16
My family and I (minus my brother) took out my 17-year-old sister for her belated birthday lunch at The Cheesecake Factory! Loved the food! Can't believe my sister will be an official adult next year! That's crazy! :P Then my boyfriend, my good friend, and I went to church (we go to the evening service). Afterward we checked out (outside only unfortunately) a townhouse that my friend's friend's friend said was on sale. It was beautiful! My boyfriend and I aren't engaged (yet!), but we're already talking about where we'd like to live. Exciting! ;D
MONDAY, AUGUST 17
I was supposed to go to Murrieta to do court observation hours with an official court reporter (Hi, Tami, if you're reading this!), but unfortunately it just didn't fall through this time. I'm sure it will again soon enough! Anyway, my boyfriend took the day off work, so he can drive with me to Murrieta (it's about an hour drive one way from Los Angeles, so we were going to make a day of it... together!). So with he and I free for the day, we instead went to Rancho Cucamonga, along with my boyfriend's dad, to babysit the adorable nieces. Here's a pic of the princesses -- Victoria & Allie. Too cute!
TUESDAY, AUGUST 18
I worked on a transcription job I was given (I'm also a freelance transcriptionist, so if you need anything typed up, I'm available!), and then went to work, and then home again to work on the transcription job. Typing, typing, typing... Also, it was my brother's 22nd birthday, but I only saw him very briefly in the morning... right before he left to go to Disneyland! How fun! He was able to get a gift certificate since he has a seasonal pass, and Disneyland gives all registered birthday celebrants a free ticket on their special day. How cool is that?! Click here for more info.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19
Today I tagged along with my boyfriend to work. He's busy at work while I'm studying (and blogging!) at Coffee Bean. Later tonight, we're going to dinner to celebrate my dear friend's birthday.
HOW ARE YOU?
Whew! That's what I've been up to... so far! How about you? Ya'll enjoying your summer? Hope so! :)
POST SCRIPTS
  • Thanks for reading Steno Nerd! I'm really grateful for the wonderful feedback! It really makes me happy just to be able to connect with fellow steno nerds... like yourself! Hehehe. :D
  • We've recently passed the 500+ subscribers mark! Wow! Thank you so much again! :D
  • I apologize for the non-steno topics of this post. But, hey, what do you expect? I'm on vacation mode! Hehehe. :D

No comments:

By: VintageVerses of Etsy.com