August 10, 2009

FIRST WEEK OF SUMMER BREAK

I've completed my first week of summer break. WOO HOO! How am I doing, you ask? Hmm... I'm a mix of busy, exhausted, happy to have some "free time," very happy to have spent some time with friends... and anxious to go back to school!!! I know, right?! Go back to school already?! After only one week of summer break?! Am I crazy?! Yes. :) I really want to be a licensed shorthand reporter by next year, ideally, mid-2010. But if I'm shooting for that, then I'd really have to eat, sleep, breathe, STENO, STENO, STENO!!! That's what I'm shooting for -- June 2010 -- but I'll be happy as long as it's sometime in 2010! Early 2011 the LATEST!!! :P I'm trying to keep track of my studying time, so I browsed the Internet for free calendars/to-do templates. Here are some awesome ones that I've found, that I use, and that I'd like to share with you now:
  • This is a weekly schedule from HP that includes ample space for you to write what you did during class and after school. Click here for the PDF version, which you can also save.
  • This is a weekly habits template. I think this would be a great tool to log how often you practice a new steno habit, especially one that might trip you up from time to time. Like, for me, that would be Q&A dictation. So I'd probably use this to log in how often and how long I practice my Q&A takes. Click here for the PDF version, which you can also save.
The following wonderful advice on achieving goals is taken from here.

10 WAYS TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS QUICKER

  • Make all your dreams real by first identifying and then focusing on specific, tangible targets for what you want.
  • Maintain at least one clearly defined goal for every major interest and role in your life.
  • Set your goals so they are directly aligned with your life’s mission, purpose and passion.
  • Create goals high enough to ignite your spirit and inspire you to take action.
  • Write down all your goals in specific, measurable detail.
  • Absolutely, unconditionally commit to hitting each of your targets.
  • Share your goals with others for mutual accomplishment.
  • Set a whole series of related daily, weekly and long-term goals, complete with starting times and completion dates.
  • Take 10 minutes every day to imagine how terrific it will feel when your goals are actually realized.
  • Take an action step toward the attainment of at least one goal every day.
The following are two blog articles I found to be very helpful. They are:

No comments:

By: VintageVerses of Etsy.com