August 13, 2009

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF CR STUDENTS

It's my second week of summer break... and I'm more exhausted than ever! :P This morning is the first chance I've had to really *breathe* a little bit. I've been busy doing the following:
  • Working 26 hours a week
  • Visiting friends all over the place (great to see them!)
  • Spending time with my boyfriend (always nice!)
  • Researching blog stuff (making Steno Nerd better and better!)
  • Fixing up hundreds of old pics on my computer (using Picasa, which I love!)
  • And all the other little, many things I have to do... like, um, PRACTICING!!!
It's been super hard to find/make the time to practice on my steno machine. (To date, the last time I was on my machine was Monday... and today is Thursday!) I really need my school routine! I love the ease of going from Point A (school) to Point B (work). This is how I KNOW I can't do online court reporting school! I just can't function that way. I need a bricks-and-mortar school building for me to get in the mode of, "Okay, now it's time to WORK!" :P But that's fine, right? To each their own. :) This blog post is to commend all the court reporting students out there who have a much fuller plate than I do. I know we all have different burdens, responsibilities, and obligations in our lives, but I do want to take this time to recognize YOU... and to acknowledge that, compared to others, I have A LOT to be thankful for! Or, shall I say, I have a lot LESS things on my plate than some... which I need (and am!) to be thankful for! :) For example:
  • I have more time on my hands than a parent who is also a court reporting student. (I'm not a parent.)
  • I have more time on my hands than a spouse who is also a court reporting student. (I'm not someone's spouse.)
  • I have more time on my hands than a full-time employee who is also a court reporting student. (I'm a part-time employee.)
I gotta say...
I RESPECT YOU GUYS!!! I COMMEND YOU GUYS!!!
I don't know how you do it! But I guess you truly "bite the bullet" and "do what it takes" to get to your goal: CERTIFIED SHORTHAND REPORTER STATUS!!! :) This is for you!
You have my admiration, Justice League ...of Court Reporting Students! :)
- Christine (Steno Nerd)

No comments:

By: VintageVerses of Etsy.com