July 23, 2009

TIMING YOUR PRACTICE SESSIONS

I'm happily implementing the 20/20/20 minutes increments rule that Trevor from CSR Nation shared in "How to Study When You Don't Have Time." To read that article (if you missed it), click here. This "formula" is a great way to get A LOT of practicing done under ONE HOUR. Here is the 20/20/20 "formula" in a nutshell:
  • Writing at a faster speed: 20 minutes
  • Writing at your goal speed: 20 minutes
  • Learning new briefs: 20 minutes
I found a great free tool online that we court reporting students can use to countdown our 20 minutes sessions. The website is Online-Stopwatch.com. They have different kinds of stopwatches with different designs and different functions -- ALL FOR FREE! Click here for their varied list of stopwatches to download them today! I personally like their classic "Countdown Timer" myself, which is the 2nd item on their list of downloadable gadgets. I use this both on my desktop and laptop when I'm studying on my machine. But this online stopwatch is an awesome tool to not track just your studying sessions, but ANYTHING really! It's a great way to keep you in check if you want to time yourself -- 20 minutes on CSR Nation, 20 minutes on Steno Nerd, 20 minutes on NCRA, etc. Hope this helps! If you have any other time-saving tips for studying efficiently for your fellow court reporting students, please don't hesitate to share in the comments section below! We'd all love to hear from you! And as always, THANK YOU for reading Steno Nerd! ;)

No comments:

By: VintageVerses of Etsy.com