June 26, 2009

GO FOR IT!

From time to time, we court reporter students need a little boost. It's difficult going through the court reporting program because you have to fail SO MANY TESTS before you can reach a 98% or higher accuracy to pass through speed levels. For my fellow court reporter students, this post is especially for you! Enjoy these inspiring words of determination by Jo Ryan, which she penned in her little hardcover book Go For It! Whenever I need to remind myself that I CAN get to 225 WPM, I always reach for this mini book filled with amazing photography of animals and these awesome, inspiring quotes!
Hope you like this! And remember: STAY MOTIVATED! ;)
People can because they think they can.
Waste your money and you've only wasted money... Waste your time and you've lost part of your life. All that stands between the graduate and the top of the ladder is the ladder. *This is my FAVORITE quote from this book! :) Many people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could. Don't ask for a light load: ask instead for a strong back. If you look for rest, you'll find boredom... If you look for work, you'll find rest. The only real mistake is not learning from your mistakes. It's not because things are difficult that we don't dare... It's because we don't dare that things are difficult. Obstacles: those things you see when you take your eyes off your goals. If you're not sure where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else. The way to do more is not to think of things as impossible. A big shot is a little shot who kept shooting. *I remember when I first started to learn my theory in court reporting school. I thought I could NEVER write 80 WPM on this crazy steno machine! But you just keep trying, trying, trying... and before you know it, you can write 225 WPM! Happiness is dreaming dreams, and working to make them come true. When opportunity meets preparation, success is the result. Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely. "I can't" never accomplished anything... "I will try" has worked wonders. The greater the difficulty, the more glory in overcoming it. Achieving is easiest when we work the hardest, and hardest when we work the easiest. Success is open to everyone who chooses his goal and goes for it. People become great by doing what they don't want to do when they don't want to do it. *This is also known as DISCIPLINE!!! :)

2 comments:

Paul said...

Great choice with the template, Steno Nerd! I've noticed you've been busy trying out different looks. This one's my fav. Thanks for all the great info and motivational material as well - helps keep all of us court reporting students going!

Christine StenoNerd said...

Thank you, Paul!

Yes, I've been playing with different looks, but I think I've finally found my keeper! Glad you like it!

I'm also glad that you're able to find motivation here as we court reporter students stick it together through school! We'll get to 225 WPM, Paul! ;)

Thanks again for stopping by!

By: VintageVerses of Etsy.com