June 25, 2009

UPDATE ON MY CARPAL TUNNEL SCARE

Just want to give a quick update since today is exactly one week from the time my left hand started to tingle and feel numb... from the time I had my CARPAL TUNNEL SCARE!!! dun-dun-dun! (See my original blog post here.)
UPDATE: MY LEFT HAND ISN'T TINGLING OR NUMB ANYMORE, THANK GOD!!!
What did I do?! Basically, I took a break from the computer as much as I could. I tried to not be on the computer (my favorite tech toy!) unless it was absolutely necessary, and when I would have to get on, I'd make sure my posture was correct -- elbows/wrists aligned to the keyboard, no wrist dipping onto the keyboard, straight back, and no straining of the neck to view the monitor. It helped a lot! I posted a blog question in the Main Page of my favorite court reporting website/social network, CSRnation.com. A really big THANK YOU to all 20 of the members who posted so generously to my question. It's GREAT to know that there are professional court reporters out there who have been reporting for 15-20+ years and that they too experience elbow/wrist pain from time-to-time BUT are able to remedy these health issues and CONTINUE TO WORK!!! To know this gave me so much hope. BIG THANK YOU TO CSRnation!!! To see my blog and the 20 comments from CSRnation regarding my carpal tunnel question, click here. So glad that my hands are feeling much better. I think I just needed some R&R, some reassurance from professionals who have "been there, done that" and that I too can beat this as they have, and lastly some knowledge on preventative measures so I will NOT aggravate any CTS syndrome, if any. WHEW!!! I'm relieved, thank GOD!!!

No comments:

By: VintageVerses of Etsy.com